Old Broads

Old Broads

Friday, July 22, 2011

WHY GALS ARE BEST FRIENDS AND NOT MEN!!!

I was getting a trim a couple of weeks ago and my beautician who is a young, beautiful woman was complaining to me about her “significant other”.  She said that after three years of living together that he seemed to be changing and NOT for the better.  I gave her all my worldly advice on the subject and she looked at me like I’d gone bonkers.  But for better or worse, here it is: 

The man you marry is not the man you dated.  Right gals, they change from that sweet, loving, do anything for you handsome guy who makes your heart flutter to a demanding, slobby lump parked in front of the TV.  That guy who would take you anywhere and do anything for you now complains about taking out the trash and going “almost” anywhere.  No siree, not when there’s a game on the tube.  And don’t get me started on guys and their remotes – that could take days.

Second marriages; you think they are going to work great because the first wife trained them.  Surprise, guys get remarried because somebody has to finish raising them.

Why are men like this?  Because women are from venus, men are from stupid!

Okay, enough man bashing even though I was only half teasing.  Seriously, I know that there are some really good men out there who love their wives and children, my son in law being one of them.  I’m not trying to influence anyone’s thinking about men, I’m just saying that my experience with men has been a bust and I’m done with all that. I guess what it amounts to is that I am not willing to risk my heart or my sanity again.
What I really told her was:  You’re not going to notice it so much now because young women have so much competition going on with men, clothes, jobs or whatever.  But when you are older women are your absolute best friends.  I never get bored with the gals, we have fun doing whatever and if conversation ever slows (Yeah right!) all you have to mention is your surgery, kids, or pets and get them going again.  If you ever try doing that with a guy you’ll find not only that it doesn’t work but he looks at you like you have finally gone over the rainbow!

A couple of years ago a local theater was featuring the play Menopause.  I started making calls and ended up with about 32 women to take in the show.  We laughed all through the performance and enjoyed ourselves tremendously.  Then, we went out to eat, of course.

Women are the most caring, considerate creatures on earth and I thank God every day for my friends and my family.


Wishing you Joy and Laughter Everyday!

No comments: