Old Broads

Old Broads

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

HEY GIRLFRIEND, CAN YOU BE SIX FOOT TALL AND STILL BE GIRLY?

I realized when I was sitting here one day that I didn’t do anything girly for myself.  I think I must have stopped that back sometime in the 80’s when all the girly stuff was for my teenage daughter.  I think I lost myself somewhere in the shuffle.

So one day I sat down and painted my toenails.  Oh Boy, I’m girly now!  Well, maybe not quite so I rushed out bought a toe ring with a little bling on it.  I don’t care what anyone else thinks but I absolutely love looking down at my feet and seeing all that shiny pink or rose polish.  I tried red polish but just a word of advise here, if you use red polish put on an undercoat first or else when you take the polish off, your nails are stained a really ugly reddish brown color. Not pretty!

I bought a couple of girly things for the house or more specifically just for me and then I looked at my daughter Cat one day and she looked terrific so with her advise I went to Sephora.  Wow, this Bare Minerals and Urban Decay makeup is terrific and I feel so, I don’t know, GIRLY!

I laughed at my friend Carole one day after she had started getting the rings (more about that later), because she had a makeover and started using makeup and painting her nails.  I guess it’s something we all have to go through.  I told her that she looked wonderful and Carole answered “I just decided that if I don’t do it now, when am I going to do it”.  Amen girlfriend, scoot over and let me on that makeup wagon too.


Wishing you Joy and Laughter Everyday!

No comments: