Old Broads

Old Broads

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

DANGER TO YOUR HEALTH! RETIREMENT COMMUNITY

When I first moved here two things happened.  First I met a couple of gals that I thought were going to be good friends but found that I had spoke to soon.  I had been here about a month when I called my daughter and told her that I have these old gals figured out.  “They are like PMSing 14 year olds with 50 years of bitch under their belt to back it up.”  No offense gals, because I am pretty darn sure that some of you, or many of you or most of you would put me in that category too.  And I for one am proud to be there because lets face it, we have worked all of our lives both in the home and outside of it, raised our families, took care of the hubby, cooked God knows how many meals, day after day after day.  With that we were always TCB (taking care of business) concerning our families, relatives, school, jobs, pets, holidays, etc. and to accomplish that you have to become a strong woman. 

Unfortunately, strong women are also opinionated, set in their ways and let’s face it, we all want to get our way about most things.  (Translate to:  All the time).  Then we have the cultural and geological backgrounds that separate us from our neighbors.  It’s really a wonder that we get along with others as well as we do.  I think that friendship and getting along is the luck of finding just the right woman or better yet a group of women who are truly caring and share values much as your own.  Personally I will add laughter to that list as well.

The second thing was when I began to look around at all the truly beautiful women and I thought to myself, “It must be the water”.  After all, what else could it possibly be?  But this is called a retirement community and after we had lost some of our friends and neighbors due to ill health or just plain age I decided, “Maybe, I don’t want to drink the water after all”.


Wishing you Joy and Laughter Everyday!

No comments: