Old Broads

Old Broads

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

FRIENDS AND LAUGHTER – TOO FUNNY HOT DICE GAME

Margaret and I started playing this crazy dice game, 500, several years ago.  Then a couple of months ago her daughter Nancy (a different Nancy) and Fawn joined us.  We started taking turns and on this Saturday night it was my turn to host.  I made a huge salad, heated some bread and had a German chocolate cake for dessert.  (Or is that desert?)  You know spell check doesn’t catch everything.  Anyway, we pigged out, carried out the dishes and sat down to a night of fun.

We were talking about marriage and Fawn looked over at Margaret and asked her who Nancy’s father was.  Absolutely deadpan, Margaret replies, “Hell, I don’t know”.



In 500 you don’t have partners, it’s every gal for herself but it soon became apparent very shortly that the two old gals were pairing off and rooting for me and Nancy to lose.  At one point, Nancy was rolling and I looked up and Fawn and Margaret both had the evilest look on their faces and they were doing the thing with their fingers, trying to hex the dice.  I elbowed Nancy to look at them and then I said, “Hey you guys better practice your aim, I’m getting a terrible case of crotch twitch!”  And at that point, we all just fell over laughing and two of us had to leave the table to go wee.  What more can you ask for than a great night of fun and laughter with good friends.

If any of you gals out there play 500, let me know and if you want to know how to play, just ask and I’ll be happy to tell you. 


Wishing you Joy and Laughter Everyday!

No comments: