Old Broads

Old Broads

Monday, September 12, 2011

LAUGHTER – I COMPLETELY LOST IT!

I have a Lexmark printer because it is suppose to be one of the better ones for printing pictures (and this is mundo important to a scrapbooker) but it is also the worse one for the cost of the refills.  A black refill cost $38 and only prints about 100 pages.  A few months ago I went to Wal-Mart and bought a KODAK printer, you know with the $10 refills.  I even smarted off to the guy at the register that the refills were supposed to be $10 and they were charging $11 although I couldn’t get any because they were out.  So I went next door to Sam’s and bought refills for my new KODAK, brought the whole thing home and stuck it in the sewing room until I drained every last drop of ink out of my Lexmark.

Flash forward at least two months and the Lexmark is finally empty so I carried the KODAK out to the breakfast bar, opened the box, took a quick look at the directions and called Margaret to send her daughter Nancy over to install it for me.  Nancy came right over with some homemade chocolate chip cookies (gotta love that gal) and hooked up my KODAK printer for me.

The next day I packed up the Lexmark in the KODAK box and still had it on my breakfast bar a few hours later (Hey, there is no need to get in a hurry) when I happened to look over at the box and do you know what caught my eye?  Right there on my KODAK printer box it said in big letters CANON,  Yep, that’s right, I had bought the wrong printer and when I had gone to Sam’s I had got Kodak refills for my new CANON printer.

Cannon - doesn't that spell Kodak?
Am I keeping it?  Heck yes?  First off I could never get it back in the box, and then I would have to ask Nancy to come over again and I think that she is all out of cookies.

Flash forward a few more months.  Do I like my new Kodak/Cannon printer?  Well, it prints okay and I don’t have a problem with it making copies but the darn thing thinks for itself.  I tell it to do something and it grunts and groans and squeals and squeaks and finally it says “Oh, did you still want that?”  and it will print it for me.  My daughter’s Cannon does the same thing so obviously these new printers were designed by men!


Wishing you Joy and Laughter Everyday!

No comments: