Old Broads

Old Broads

Friday, September 16, 2011

FRIENDS AND LAUGHTER – MY NEIGHBOR LIZ, OR ARE YOU WATCHING?

My neighbor Liz is a very nice lady who’s made it her mission to keep me informed about, oh lots of things.  Usually the first words I hear when she calls is “Look out your window”.  Thanks to Liz I have seen some beautiful sunsets, rainbows, pairs of geese strolling by with their babies and numerous other wondrous things.
Liz has brought me food from her Basque picnic each year.  Boy do those guys know how to eat!  Knowing that I’m on a tight budget, she called a while back when it was so hot and told me to turn off my A/C that there was a cool breeze blowing.  It’s so nice to be looked after.

We live on a lake and we are on the migratory route for Canada Geese, Cormorants and Coots along with several other birds but my very, very favorite are the big white pelicans that come down from Salt Lake.  These birds are amazing and they are huge with a 108” wingspan.  They are so majestic, regal and graceful as they swim around the lake.

The other night I got the “Look out your window” phone call again.  Liz said, “Do I see what I think I see?” and sure nuff, four of the white pelicans have come back early.  Last year they appeared on my birthday in November so to have them here in September is really a treat and a signal to us that maybe most of the HOT weather is behind us.

Liz called me the other day and said, “Are you looking outside, do you see what is on your porch railing?”  So I ran to the window and saw a HUGE Canada goose right where she said it would be so I told her that I was going out to take a picture and if she heard me scream to come and rescue me from the goose.  I grabbed the camera and went outside and the darn goose just almost posed for me until I got my picture and then I noticed that he was leaving me surprises all over and I decided to chase it off of the railing.  Ha!  Fat Chance!  I was out there waving a plastic thingie around like crazy and shouting at him and did he leave?  Yes, finally but only after he was good and ready!



Wishing you Joy and Laughter Everyday!

No comments: