Old Broads

Old Broads

Sunday, October 2, 2011

FAMILY – GONE SHOPPING – GONE NUTS

A couple of weeks ago I met Cat at Kohls because we needed to do some bra shopping.  Buying bras is a chore for both of us and we have to try on dozens of the suckers because we are so hard to fit.  You think I’m kidding, we walked in Kohls at 10:30 and out around 3:00.

We had just got there and were standing in the bra department when Cat looks over at me and says, “Mom, do you have to go pee?”  I answered with my usual “What!” and a mom look.  Cat says that she has a funny story for me and wanted to make sure I could stand still for the whole thing.  So I told her, no, I didn’t have to pee and to go ahead and tell me.

It seems like that morning she had a houseful of kids (not unusual, that house seems to attract stray kids) and she had taken Charley outside to walk up and down the sidewalk while she was on her cell phone.



Apparently they did enough walking that Charley decided to squat and do his business in a neighbor’s yard about 4 or 5 houses down the street.  Cat saw what he was doing and was horrified.  She told Charley “You are a 100 pound Lab, you are not a Chawawa (spell check says “What!”)  and you will hold it until we get home.  She turned him around and started home talking to him all the way.  She said that Charley was almost walking on his tiptoes trying to hold it in until they got home.  My humorous daughter even demonstrated how Charley was tipping down the sidewalk.   Yahoo!  They made it and so did I (to the bathroom).

Well by this time we are hanging onto the bra racks laughing so hard that we’re crying.  We had everyone in that part of the store looking at us like we were nuts. 

I was telling the girls at craft class about this and one of them said, “He must be really afraid of her”.  They don’t get it, Cat is Charley’s mama, and he dearly loves her and would do anything she asked of him. 

Wishing you Joy and Laughter Everyday!

No comments: