Old Broads

Old Broads

Monday, August 1, 2011

MY FRIEND NANCY - MY SOUL SISTER!

I have to tell you about my friend Nancy, God love her!  I am fortunate to have a very, very good friend who I love like a sister even to the point that I could at times ring her neck.  Considering Nancy is 72 years old, she is a little uneducated in the ways of women.  One day we were chatting and Nancy asked me what bling was.  I patiently? explained that it is any shiny jewelry, crystals, diamonds, jewels, etc.  I thought she had it until the next time I saw her and she said to me “Look, I’m wearing bling!”  And she pointed to a very small, delicate gold necklace.  I gave up on the explanation until her 70th birthday when I gave her a toe ring with a small crystal on it and told her “Now, you’ve got bling!”

I always tell Nancy that she spends tooooo much time in front of the TV and this proved true one day when she asked me “What is a ho?” and I almost choked.  After finding out what context she had heard it used in I explained that if she would spell it differently then she would get it.
 
Then I decided that she needed to brighten up her beige wardrobe and I suggested to her that she needed to wear some bright colors.  Of course, I was thinking, teal, fuchsia, or maybe red.  But Nancy showed up one day and said “Ta Da” so of course I glanced at her and said “Ta Da What!”  Nancy gave me a disgusted look and said, “Look how bright I am!”  I looked and I looked and finally I said “Where?”  Nancy informed me that she had on a new blouse, white with little itsy bitsy pale pink flowers on it.  Oh well, I succeeded with the bling but lost out on the bright.

This is Nancy looking like a star!


Nancy has asked me to explain about several things through the years, some of them not printable, and I laugh and tell her the best I can.  The latest question was as to why a woman needed more than one shade of eye shadow to which I explained about shading while she just stood there and looked at me as if I had gone off my rocker.  I have a feeling that if by 72 she hasn’t got it, she never will but I love her dearly anyway.  Maybe it’s because of all those tight, tight perms she gets in her short, short hair.

Now in case you think I am picking on Nancy, you’re wrong.  She is a great friend and has been a source of inspiration as well as comedy relief over the years and I don’t know what I would do without her.  She is my soul sister, the sister I always wanted.


Wishing you Joy and Laughter Everyday!

No comments: