Old Broads

Old Broads

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

FRIENDS DO MOVE AWAY

A couple of years ago I had a good friend move away when Pat moved to Arizona to be near her family.  We had been close when she was a neighbor because we shared a love of quilting.  We also had a similar past with ex husbands and we used to commiserate with each other for hours.  You know, sometimes you just need to vent, or bitch as the case may be.

Pat is a little short gal (more short hair) and when we went anywhere (usually a quilt store) she always put on her turquoise jewelry and looked great, she had a kind of artsy look about her.  But one day I heard something from my daughter and had to share it with her so I called her and told her that she wasn’t short, she is “Fun Size” like the candy, which she thought, was really funny.

Pat and I used to walk the park together in the morning until I started having trouble with my knee and had to quit.  We could do a couple of miles fairly fast and I have to say that as short as Pat’s legs are she managed to keep up with me but probably got twice the exercise taking twice as many steps.

When Pacific Fish opened Pat and I discovered $1 Taco Tuesday and we were there every week.  We spent many a Tuesday, fishing, chatting and laughing together.

Pat and Helen started our quilting group a few years ago.  When it came time to name it I wanted it to be called Stitch n’ Bitch but everyone else wanted Scrappy Quilters.  So Scrappy Quilters we became.  We meet every other Friday from 9 in the morning until whenever.  Through the years we have done several quilts where we started out with a pattern we all liked and each made our own quilt.  We made “Grandma’s Kitchen” which is my daughter’s favorite and then we each made a Christmas Tree quilt. 

Just before Pat moved we planned a lunch at her Scrappy Quilters meeting and I asked my daughter Cat to come over and make funnel cakes for our breakfast.  Oh man, were they ever good!  So good, that I’m sharing the recipe with you. (Look on the recipe page) She also took this terrible picture of all of us gals, just having fun.

Wishing you Joy and Laughter Everyday!

No comments: