Old Broads

Old Broads

Friday, November 18, 2011

GIRLFRIENDS - I JUST LOVE THESE TOO FUNNY GALS!

One night a while back we had another dice game at my house, this time I served cheese and crackers with Fawn’s wonderful Jalapeno pepper jelly.  Just to get off the point a second (or two), this jelly is delicious and especially good with a smidgen over cottage cheese – any who see the recipe on the recipe page.  Okay, back to the dice game – Fawn and Margaret once again paired up against Nancy and me and were giving us a hard time.  They were saying something particularly nasty about us and Nancy looked at me and said, “Do the think we can’t hear them?”  I told her that they were old and thought they were whispering and they would probably start spelling things next.

Less than a minute later, Fawn looked at Margaret and said something about us but spelled every word, about half way through the sentence we all really looked at Margaret and saw this really blank look on her face.  So once again, we are in a fit of giggles.  Later, we all got to telling some really funny dirty jokes but I’ll just skip that.

I should tell you that my dining room set is only seven years old and that explains why I haven’t had the time to take the plastic off of the seats yet, well that and the fact that they are upholstered in white.  Now I’m kinda thinking about not taking the plastic off because sometimes when you sit down it sounds a whole lot like a whoopee cushion and is good for some chuckles.  What can I tell you, you gotta get your laughs anywhere you can.

We were chatting about “special talents” and I told them how my sister could raise just one eyebrow and I had tried many times but it just wasn’t happening for me.  So Fawn, the brat, easily raised just one eyebrow and the rest of us spent several funny minutes trying to raise just one of our brows.  Fawn won that one, hands down.  She can whistle too and that really impresses me.  I have tried and tried to whistle but I just get a sick little windy sound.  What I would really like to learn is that sharp piercing whistle where you put two fingers in your mouth, well anyway I was never that great at blowing bubbles either.

Fawn called this morning and we were laughing about her spelling again when I finally fessed up and told her that when she first started spelling, I wasn’t getting it either and about half way through I finally caught on that she wasn’t speaking Greek.


Wishing you Joy and Laughter Everyday!

No comments: