Old Broads

Old Broads

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

FRIENDS – OH MAN, I WANT ONE OF THOSE!

When I moved in the park I met Tanya at Crafty Ladies and she also comes to Ladies Bunco.  Tanya is from Cuba and has a lot of those old world values and ideas.  Her husband, who was older than her, passed away a few years ago and Tanya stayed in full mourning for a year wearing her dark clothes.  Shortly after she lightened up her wardrobe she started getting out more and her sense of humor really clicked in.  Tanya is one of the most fun people to be around, she cooks like a dream and has a heart as big as all outdoors.
Not too long ago I noticed Tanya wearing a Jewish Star on a chain around her neck and I asked her, “Tanya, I thought you were Catholic”?  She said, “I am” and pulled out her cross from under her blouse.  I laughed and told her that she was just like Elvis, trying to cover all of her bases, “Just in Case”.

Recently Tanya bought a trike.  For you younger people, a trike is a full size bicycle but with two wheels in the back.  Now she didn’t get just any trike.  No, not our Tanya!  Her trike is pink with a chrome basket in the back, a pink basket in the front and a surrey type covering over it because as Tanya explained “I am not a sun worshiper”.  It is the cutest darn thing I’ve ever seen.  I think that maybe I need one too, maybe in red or purple or….




Wishing you Joy and Laughter Everyday!

No comments: