Old Broads

Old Broads

Sunday, November 27, 2011

FAMILY. DID YOU SURVIVE THANKSGIVING?

I was on my feet in the kitchen form 10 til 5:30 when we finally ate.  Thank God for my daughter's mother-in-law.  I walked in the kitchen after dinner and turned around and walked out.  Linda came in and did all the dishes and put food away.  It was a blessing.

We ate late because my daughter volunteered her family at her church.  They packed over 6500 dinners for the needy.  They packed turkey until it ran out then switched to ham, then to chicken and finally carnitas.  I guess they had volunteers running all over town picking up food donations, cooking and packing.  We tried to do this years ago but whenever we asked to help, we were told that they didn't need any more help so I'm glad she finally got the chance to do it and she did get a soft, warm fuzzy spot for thanks.

Just so you know, the best ever after Turkey day sandwich is:
Spread cream cheese on bread then spread cranberry sauce over it, put on your turkey slices and top with bean sprouts and sunflower seeds.  Yum!

Well actually the best part is the pumpkin pie for Friday's breakfast.

Fawn was grumbling because her daughter didn't make dressing for the bird, so Friday night I loaded up all the left overs from my fridge, showed up at her house and we had a feast.

Years ago, Cat made an 8x8 Thanksgiving album and every year we get two new decorated pages.  One page is for each family member to write on as to what they are thankful for.  Then we take a picture of all of us and it goes on the other page.  It is so much fun to go back over the book each year and read what people have said and see how the two grandkids have grown.

And speaking of pictures.  Did you ever notice WHEN the camera comes out. It doesn't matter where you are or the occasion they never bring that sucker out at the start when you are fresh, have on lipstick and look your best. NO! They wait until you are tired and frazzled, the lipstick is long gone, you've got foot in your teeth and a dazed look in your eye. I think that's probably why I never take a good picture.


Wishing you Joy and Laughter Everyday!

No comments: