Old Broads

Old Broads

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

FRIENDS – ALWAYS THINKING

A few days before Christmas Carole and Lynn showed up at my door with some goodies for me.  I had to save them all for Christmas but got to open one right then.  They decided that I need a Prince Charming in my life and gave me a two-foot tall FROG dressed in old English costume with the ruffles and such and holding a specter.  He came with a letter that instructed me to give him a name, introduce him to everyone who came into the house, whisper sweet nothings in his ears and kiss him every morning and every night.  He also came with another envelope that was not to be opened until Christmas. 

Not knowing exactly what would happen I made a halfhearted attempt to comply with all the rules.  I introduced him to my neighbor Liz when she came over, I patted his head a couple of times when I was near him but I never could think of a name for him, although with all the ruffles I was seriously considering calling him George, as in Boy George.

I came home from Cat’s about 4:30 Christmas day and there was “The Frog” so I gave him a quick little pat.  Then I grabbed the envelope and ripped it open only to read the following:
“Thank you for your kindness and all your efforts.  As you can see it did not work.  Maybe the time between the spell and acting upon it was too long.  This must be as disappointing to you as it is to me.  The spell was not broken as promised.  YOU did not turn into a frog as promised.”

Apparently, instead of my frog turning into Prince Charming, I was suppose to turn into a FROG.  Are you laughing?  Well, I’m NOT!  But I’m sure Carole and Lynn are still howling.


My "Good Gifts"

I opened the other gifts from Carole and Lynn and among other things was a beautiful key pendant on a chain.  Carole called me later that night to see if I had read the letter and I told her the only thing that saved her sorry soul was the necklace.

Do you have friends like this?  Would you like to borrow mine?  We can work out a trade! Or better yet, I’ll just think of a way to get even!


Wishing you Joy and Laughter Everyday!

No comments: